Emergency Alert Information
LUPD uses an emergency alert system to notify the LU community of emergency situations, inclement weather closures, and other important public safety information. Alerts are sent to the contact information saved in your Self-Service Banner account.
It is imperative that every student, faculty, and staff member receives these emergency notifications. So, it's very important that you keep this information up-to-date.
LUPD Risk Reduction Tips
- Lock residence hall doors.
- Secure all lower level windows.
- Walk or jog in groups.
- Avoid isolated or dark areas.
- Travel with confidence and purpose.
- Do not wear earphones while walking or jogging.
- Know the locations of emergency (blue light) phones.
- Stay alert and plan ahead for What-If's
REPORT SUSPICIOUS PERSONS, VEHICLES, OR ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY!
FOR EMERGENCIES, CALL 911 OR 409-880-7777
E-Cig and Vaping Notice
Electronic cigarettes are now prohibited on the Lamar University campus. To learn more, review the LU Tobacco Policy.